For over 20 years, Doug Bertram, L.AC., MTCM has been helping people that are limited by chronic and acute orthopedic dysfunctions. As Doug competed in 3 Ironman Triathlons and numerous Ultramarathons of 50 and 100 mile distances, he recognized the lack of effective and ongoing treatment options for his own aches, pains and physical imbalances.
Through his cross-disciplinary training and work with patients, Doug developed a proprietary treatment method to assess and treat adhesions in connective tissue, providing orthopedic balance and the benefits of acupuncture, physical and manual therapy techniques. Using this method in his own clinic, Doug develop a thriving practice of ultra-athletes and people in chronic pain who others were unsuccessful in treating.
Through years of refinement, Doug has developed the Structural Elements® system and a technique for training new practitioners. In partnering with Jason Knicley, PT, DPT, MTC, CDNT, the two have begun franchising the Structural Elements® model to empower more therapists and help more people achieve their PB - personal best.
The Structural Elements® mission is to help everyone achieve their (PB) personal best.
We know you still got it.
Structural Elements® is an orthopedic wellness clinic that provides the highest standard of care through a contemporary business model and a proprietary treatment approach. Specializing in comprehensive solutions for orthopedic wellness and athletic performance, we:
- develop long-term relationships with our patients and support them in overcoming injury and achieving their active goals;
- know how to have fun, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and pride in our craft;
- look to become a trusted and active business in the community; and strive to replicate the success of our flagship location throughout our franchise-system without compromising our core values.
That’s why we’ve developed a transformative therapeutic approach that allows physical therapists, acupuncturists and chiropractors to achieve their financial dreams, doing what they love.
DOUGLAS BERTRAM, L.AC., MTCM
CEO AND LICENSED ACUPUNCTURIST
- 15 years of experience assessing and treating orthopedic disorders
- B.A. in Contemplative Psychology from Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado
- Four-year medical program in Traditional Eastern Medicine at Five Branches University, in Santa Cruz, California
- Studied first hand with the developers of several modalities, including Myofascial Release, Craniosacral Therapy, and Neuro-Energetic Release
- Nationally Certified Diplomate of Oriental Medicine from the NCCAOM
- Licensed Acupuncturist in the state of Maryland
- 3x Ironman Triathlete
- Numerous Ultramarathons of 50 and 100 mile distances
JASON KNICLEY, PT, DPT, MTC, CDNT
CCO AND PHYSICAL THERAPIST
- B.S. in Kinesiology from University of Maryland, College Park
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the University of Saint Augustine
- Specializing in orthopedics and sports medicine with an emphasis in manual therapy and advanced manipulation of the spine and extremities
- Advanced Manual Therapy Certification (MTC)
- Certified Dry Needling Therapist (CDNT) through the Institute of Advanced Musculoskeletal Treatment
- Certified Graston clinician, treating and healing soft tissue impairments
- Level one certified medical professional through the Titleist Performance Institute
- Passionate sports fan; enjoys working out, running, golfing, and playing soccer